BRETTON WOODS, NH (November 1, 2023) – Bretton Woods, New Hampshire’s largest ski area and part of Omni Mount Washington Resort, is celebrating 50 years of award-winning snowsports this season with special events, guest speakers, a community fundraiser and a unique ski & stay package. As SKI magazine’s Readers’ Choice for the best snow and grooming in the east this year and the number one pick for overall satisfaction, lifts, lodging, guest services, dining, family friendly and après ski scene in New Hampshire, Bretton Woods remains committed to providing exceptional conditions and service, complemented by warm hospitality.
On December 14, 1973, organized winter recreation was introduced to the valley beneath the western slope of Mount Washington. The two original double chairlifts and a T-bar have evolved into ten lifts, four of which are state-of-the-art high-speed detachable quads, plus New Hampshire’s only eight-passenger gondola. The total ski terrain of 98.1 acres in 1973 was comprised of eight beginner and intermediate trails that are still favorites today. Four decades later, the number of trails has soared from eight to 62, plus 35 acres of glades for a total of 464 acres of skiable terrain – the most in the state.
50th Anniversary Event Highlights to include:
- November 24-26: Homecoming Events
- November 24, 2-5pm: Annual Bretton Woods Brewfest on Friday featuring live music, local and regional brews. Ages 21+ only. Tickets are now on sale at brettonwoods.com/homecoming.
- November 24: Bretton Woods will launch the “Lift Up the Community” online auction of 50 chairs from the original “B-Lift,” which was retired in 2018 to make way for the gondola. Each chair will benefit a chosen local or regional organization, and net proceeds will be presented at a special event toward the end of the season. Be sure to visit brettonwoods.com/auction to learn more and be among the first to bid on a piece of Bretton Woods history.
- November 25, 5:30-9pm: Warren Miller’s latest film “All Time,” celebrating 75 years of this legendary filmmaker. World-renowned extreme skier Dan Egan, who has appeared in thirteen Warren Miller ski films himself, will host the festivities with a pre-show book signing and reception at 5:30pm including appetizers, raffles and a cash bar. Tickets are now on sale at brettonwoods.com/homecoming, so plan to come and reconnect with old friends and make new ones while enjoying great food and libations.
- November 26, 9:30am: Dan Egan returns as our Summit Speaker at the Rosebrook Lodge. Engage in lively conversation with this extreme skiing pioneer. Ski ticket, gondola ticket or season pass required.
- Bretton Woods and Omni Mount Washington Resort have also partnered with a fellow Golden Anniversary honoree for the “Rays Your Glasses” package. For a limited time, experience this luxury ski package by reserving a Presidential King Room or Suite at the legendary Omni Mount Washington Hotel and receive a voucher for a pair of iconic, handcrafted 23k Gold Aviator sunglasses from Boston-based company, Randolph. Starting rate is $739/night. Eligible dates of stay: December 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024, or while supplies last. Package also includes:
- Tuckerman Brewing Company’s special edition Bretton Woods Kölsch along with the popular Trailhead IPA so you can ‘rays a glass’ on your own private balcony or patio with a pair of commemorative pint glasses.Continental breakfast and afternoon refreshments in the exclusive Presidential Club Lounge.
- Ski tickets with first tracks on the slopes of Bretton Woods.
- Plus, the first five bookings will also receive a complimentary groomer ride with our award-winning snow perfectionists.
Additional events to be added throughout the season, along with other great lodging packages at Omni Mount Washington Resort like our popular “Stay Here, Ski Free” package. For updates and more information, please visit brettonwoods.com or call 603-278-3320.