The 38th annual Boston.com Ski & Snowboard Expo at the Seaport World Trade Center, Boston Harbor, Nov. 14-17, marks the New England kick-off to the 2019-2020 ski season. Ski resorts and ski/snowboard gear companies mark the annual occasion with show-only specials that get the season rolling with exceptional offers. This year’s winter sports extravaganza is one week later than in recent years.
This year marks the last appearance of the Expo at the Seaport World Trade Center, which is scheduled for major renovations in 2020. But the show will go on, says producer Bernie Weichsel. In 2020, BEWI Productions will host the annual event at the Hynes Convention Center in downtown Boston. The Hynes was home to some of the earliest ski expos over 38 years ago when Weichsel first got involved in ski show production.
The Ski & Snowboard Expo’s retail partner, Country Ski & Sport, hosts the region’s biggest sale with pre-season specials offering savings of up to 80% off. Resorts from around the globe will offer big pre-season savings on winter vacation packages, lift tickets and season passes. Dynamic performances, specialty interactive booths, VIP snowsports personalities highlight the four-day event, which is presented by SUBARU of New England.
Doors are open on Thursday and Friday, Nov. 14 & 15, from 3-10 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 16, 10 a.m.-8 p.m., and on Sunday, Nov. 17, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Admission is $15 and online sales will be available in September. Paid admissions will receive a $10 GETSKITICKETS.COM gift card and a chance to win one of four Ikon passes. Children 12 and under are free. For email updates and special offers, visit www.SkiSnowExpo.com and click on “Email List – Sign up Now” button.
HIGHLIGHTS of this year’s Boston.com Ski & Snowboard Expo include:
- HER TURN AT THE SHE SHED, a special-interest section targeting specific women’s ski slope and apres-ski interests, from beginners to experts.
- AERIAL FREESTYLE TRAMPOLINE EXTRAVAGANZA with ski/snowboard stunts performed from dual trampolines, choreographed for maximum thrills.
- ELITEAM FITNESS CHALLENGE provides youngsters an interactive fitness arena that puts the fun in physical fitness training.
- WACHUSETT MOUNTAIN KIDS SNOWPARK AND LEARNING CENTER brings learning to ski/snowboard indoors, guided by professional instructors.
- The LONG TRAIL VERMONT BEER GARDENtops the many food and beverage offerings throughout the four-day Expo schedule.